Sunday, October 16, 2005

sockapaltwoza

I have decided to commit to this blog wholeheartedly! I participated in sockapaltwoza, and although i am very, very, very late on my sockpal's socks (sorry karlie!) they are finally done.
They are made from two balls of lavender-ish colour King Cole DK weight superwash merino. I really enjoyed knitting with this wool, and bought enough for two more pairs of socks.




It's machine washable, and "anti-tickle". The lace pattern is called "fishtail lace" and it's very easy to memorize, and is a really great pattern for socks.

The sock was designed by myself, partridge eye heel flap, short row heel, and wedge toe. The ends haven't been woven in in this picture, and her feet are slightly smaller than mine.

I tried several patterns before this, and none of them turned out to be anything half decent. I've also realized how hard it is to find patterns for small feet. I recently bought the " Acorn Socks " pattern, and it tells me to cast on 64 stitches. This size of sock simply is too big for many small feet! These designers rarely include a smaller size to boot.

Anyway, That's my beef, over and out folks

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Karlie said...

I gots my socks, and I LOVES them. They are just wonderful (I'm wearing them right now), they fit perfect, and are not whatsoever itchy. Did you know that these are the EXACT colour of the socks I got for sockapalooza one? LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home