Sunday, January 15, 2006

1 Year.

Today marks The 1 year Anniversary for myself and the Boyfriend of Doom. It's amazing how fast 1 year flies by. Sure, the long distance can be tricky at times, especially when you haven't seen your Significant Other for over 4 months, but at least in this relationship, it is entirely worth it. There were minor disagreements. There were major fights. And there were times when he cheered me up as no one else can. Thankyou for a wonderful year Guillaume, and I hope there will be many, many more to come.

Onto some knitting stuff. The Flirty Ruffles Shawl has been tragically ignored. I tried to work a chart section, but only managed 4 rows. I'm now on row 93, 2/3 of the way through chart #3. Yesterday, I also had the chance to go through all my bags of alpaca fibre. I am dearly hoping my Indigo Hound combs get here tomorrow I have A LOT of fibre in the storage space, and there's a move coming up very soon. I'm hoping to get most of it combed and packaged before then.... As you can see, there needs to be some serious action, and soon.

No more progress on the two colour mittens. I'm thinking of ripping them back, spinning some plain white wool, and making three colour socks. We shall see. I joined up for Secret Pal 7 and received my pal. Though I still haven't heard anything from the person who's supposed to be spoiling me. If you're out there mysterious pal, drop a line!

That's about all for now, I have been preparing and spinning some golden coloured alpaca from a cria named Seven (formerly of TLC alpacas) into a laceweight. Debating wether or not to make this into a scarf as a birthday present for an upcoming birthday. I do not like knitting scarves, they are usually long, repetitive and boring...I am adamant about this fact. And yet, I seem to be knitting more scarves than anything else. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home