Saturday, January 28, 2006

Creepy Crawlies

So, I have come to the conclusion that when people who do Drive-By readings, only ever stop if there's some interesting pictures to be seen. Without further ado, I give you, Still life with tarantula :

And of course, my new English comb, and some alpaca top. And yes, that is a little toy llama, and behind it Is a tarantula butt. Some more tarantula goodness over here:

This little girl is Charlotte, the Brachypelma Albopilosum a.k.a Curlyhair Tarantula.
Up next we have Ruby, or more acurately referred to as Rubius Holyshitthatissbrightus.

He just molted, and indeed, lives up to his name. species is Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, a.k.a Greenbottle Blue tarantula.

Ruby is really a skittish little attack machine, and I do not attempt to handle him. Charlotte and Rosa are sweet, and don't mind a little attention though. While I was taking pictures of the furry eight-legged ones, the no-legged one got jealous. Jack Sparrow (who is a female Boa constrictor imperator), and Coda.

The yarn dog was asleep, mumbling something about how he won the tour de france 4 times in a row. I didn't wake him up, as everyone knows you should let sleeping dogs Lie. besides, a little interspecies cooperation never hurt anyone. As I was putting the camera away, I happened to glance over to the other side of the room, and this is what I saw :

Why Melanie, is that your spinning wheel, completely engulfed in alpaca fleece? I think last night, in a fibre-enduced stupor, I took all the alpaca ROUS (rodents of unusual size) of their respective heating vents, and piled them on my wheel. And no, I do not believe it is safe to spin like this, but to tell the truth, I haven't tried. Lady Margret didn't seem to upset about it though. Thinking I was at the end of my photoshoot, I started to put the camera away. Thankfully I pulled it back out to shoot a picture of the rare and reclusive yarn snake, out for a bask in it's natural habitat:

Crikey, but E's a big one ain't he?

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 30, 2006 6:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is Holy shit you are brave!! :) Snakes, spiders... the two most scariest things in my book!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:17:00 PM, Blogger judy said...

Okay Melanie.. you are right. Those pictures really caught my attention..lol.

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:20:00 PM, Blogger Zee said...

OMG! I love snakes, but the tarantula... bit too much for me. I do love it's lovely blue hue. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home