Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

Here It is, for anyone who needs to know ;)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? :
An especially snobby yarn snob =P

2. Do you spin? Crochet? :
both, I weave too, and would love to get into dyeing.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? :
So far, a plastic bag...not the best solution, I know.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? :
I learned to knit when I was 4, the again when I was 9, but didn't get into it seriously till about 2 years ago. I would consider myself Advanced Intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? :
Amazon and Knitpicks

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) :
I'm allergic to artificial scents. I absolutely love Rosemary though.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? :
I pretty much eat only dark organic chocolate, as i'm not much of a candy person. I also dislike any combination of mint and chocolate, or milk chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? :
Let's see...Cooking (vegetarian), Cleaning, Gardening. Of course spinning, Knitting, Crochet, and Weaving.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) :
I usually like folk music, and some alternative bands like They Might Be Giants, Moxie Fruvous, or Cowboys Fringants. Not at all a fan of popular music though.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? :
I love green. When it comes to natural fibre animal colours...The really dark reddish browns are by far my favorite. I generally like blue, and autumn colours. I don't wear either purple or pink.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? :
I have a Horse, a Yarn Dog, 3 Tarantulas, A bearded Dragon, and a Columbian Red Tail Boa. No children, Long term boyfriend.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? :
Yup, mostly the first three though, Love shawls.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? :
I love knitting with my own handspun. Jaeggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk is pretty nice too.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? :
All things Fake, and coarse mohair, not too fond of coarse superwash merino either.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?:
Shawls, and more shawls. Had a bit of a sock and mitten faze, and I suspect they'll come back. I seem to be knitting many scarves lately, but I find them long and boring.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?:
I like mittens, they take little yarn, and go quickly. I find lace shawls to be a lot of fun.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Alpaca Scarf, Flirty Ruffles Shawl, With plans for the Garden Shawl (fiddlesticks knitting) In the Ocean colourway...if I ever manage to buy any of the yarn...

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? :
Yup, if they're well made.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?:
I love knitting in the round, because there are no purl back rows, and you can just go round and round and round, but I usually use dpn's for that. Straight or circ...depends on what's right for the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?:
usually use aluminum, some plastic ones are okay I suppose, never had the chance to try bamboo.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?:
I wish I did, and I desperately need a swift, a ball winder, and a niddy noddy.

22. How did you learn to knit?:
first one grandmother, then the other.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?:
About 3 years, it's an acrylic sunflower granny square afghan....from earlier times...

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?:
I always liked Quetzel Birds, and I love Horses.

25. What is your favorite holiday?:
Good Old Canadian Thanksgiving. No present pressure, which can lead to severe PHKS (Post Holiday Knitting Syndrome) And lots of good food and company.

26. Is there anything that you collect?:
heh...animal hair, and fibre books seem to be fairly common around here.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?:
so far none, I buy IK, Spin Off, and VK if i like the issue.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?:
The Flower Basket Shawl!!!! and the pattern for Birch! I can't pick them up anywhere, they're Always out. I Covet Lorna's Laces in the Daffodil colourway. Also some of that newly notorious Socks That Rock stuff. For Spinning...some Suri Alpaca, Qiviut, Icelandic sheep's fleece.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?:
Hmm, I should learn entrelac, and I'd love to get into Fair isle and Intarsia knitting.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? :
I am a sock knitter, but can't recall my foot measurements at the moment.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
April 7th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home