Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Team Player

I have officially signed up for the Knitting Olympics. I went ahead and put in a big order at The Knitter for 4 shawl patterns, and enough zephyr for all of them. The olympic shawl will be the Peacock Feathers Shawl in Emerald. I also ordered the Sheep Shawl, the Pacific Northwest Shawl, and the Creatures of The Reef shawl. Crossing my fingers, and praying to the knitting goddess that they get here before February 10th.

In other shawl news...Flirty Ruffles has been getting lots of attention, and chart #3 has been completed. Slowly growing. The purl back rows are starting to be very long, and knowing by the end of the shawl they will be more than twice this length frightens me. I also dearly wish the Addi Turbo needles were a bit pointier, it would make everything go so much faster.

I decided to jump on the bandwagon, and cast on for a pair of Jaywalkers. Well...I'm a bit late for the bandwagon, the KAL is almost over...so I suppose I'm walking behind the wagon. The pattern is very simple, very easily memorized, and very addictive. I'm using a Regia yarn that has tried to be two pairs of socks before this, and didn't succeed. It will stay as jaywalkers this time! Pictures of everything to come...when I figure out why iPhoto and Entourage are not cooperating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home