Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Baby did a Bad, Bad Thing.

I know I haven't posted for a while...but I'm posting now! (a certain person I know will recognize this as something he says regularily...). Anyway, remember, a few posts back, I admitted to you my weakness for browns, and lovely alpaca fleeces? the two came together in an unfortunate incident in which I was Accidentally sent a few samples of Fibre from an alpaca farm in California. When the package arrived my fingers slipped, and though I had meant to return it...as this must have been a mistake in addresses, the samples all jumped out of the bag and landed on my lap.

Okay, Okay, so maybe none of this was really an accident, but I'm trying to maintain credibility. The Alpaca farm was New Moon Alpacas. A word here about the lovely Alison who runs the joint. 1 - She has awesome fleeces. They are indescribeable in their awesomeness. Most of them are very dust free, and well skirted, which makes for more pleasant prep. 2 - She's just absolutely lovely, really helpful, and also, really funny. and last, but certainly not least...free shipping! at least to US and Canada as far as I know, International folks
should check in. So without further ado I give you Bartleby :

This fleece is so soft, and such a pretty light brown...and also, amazing crimp. His father is a Snowmass Alpaca which might explain it.
Next up we have Hannah. See Pandora there too? I covet her next fleece, but aparently a lot of people do, so names will be drawn from a hat (crosses her fingers).

Now, I know I'm supposed to be packing, and knitting on my Olympic shawl...but I think you will all agree that desperate times, call for desperate measures. In this case, "desperate measures" is combing and a little itty bit of laceweight...

I would highly reccomend Alison to anyone looking to purchase high quality fleeces. just as long as you don't get the ones I want. Next Up: Package from my secret Pal! (hint, it's absolutely lovely!)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear that the package arrived... I was getting worried. And I'm excited to see the post, too, because I can barely remember what I sent this time! Also, your fleeces look fabulous. Seeing them has made me remember that I'm a spinner, too. My wheel will get a workout this weekend! :) - your secret pal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home