Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Harlot and Everything After

Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee, Spinner, Knitter, and writer, has been inspiring me to throw caution to the wind, and not knit gauge swatches since I came across her blog a year and a half ago. Her colourful language and knitting have pushed me towards starting problems Projects sane people wouldn’t, and abandoning ones only a reasonable person would pursue. She has always had witty, insightful advice on such global afflictions as steeking, dropped stitches, miscrossed cables, and even Second Sock Syndrome.

Have you developed a twitch in your left eye upon discovering your creative interpretation of the chart for your lace shawl, artfully constructed out of Alpaca Dental Floss? Worry not, for after a suitable amount of cursing, help will be on the way! Though I am not yet a knitting master, and my neighbours still vue me as slightly sane, I hope that one day I too will be as old, wise, and completely off my rocker as The Yarn Harlot.

Thankyou for blogging our knitting days brighter!

P.S. Anyone know what the title of this post is derived from?

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't knit gague swatches, either. ugh, hate them! I almost always buy the yarn suggested by the pattern to avoid gague swatches... (although this is not a fool-proof method, I must admit) ~SP8~

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

August and everything after?

(thanks for flattering me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home