Thursday, August 10, 2006

Back on the horse (only figuratively)

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated in 3 weeks. In any case, today we have a grand show of sp8 gifts and WIP's, if the computer would lower itself to the level of the camera and cooperate in downloading the pictures.

I started to knit the Embellished V-Neck top from the fall VK. Actually this is the second time I start it, since I knit 30 rows in denial that my gage was in fact, way off. No big deal right? just rip out 2800 stitches, and weep. I'm knitting it with Fernando, or rather, with his fleece, courtesy of TLC alpacas. It's gonna be pretty! If I can bring myself to wash, comb, and spin another 800 yards.

Next up we have the Baudelaire sock from Knitty, In Lorna's Laces Mint (courtesy of my awesome pal). My first toe up sock, it's progressing...given the fact that I seem to be afflicted with a horrible case of startitis at the moment.


So here it is, my newest SP package. I have to tell you, so far, my pal is the best Ever. We have Trekking XXL in a colourway I've been in love with for a long time. Those green things actually, Aren't jujubes, but are needle point protectors shaped like socks. There's lemon candies, jasmine soap and a cute little dragonfly purse all the way from San Francisco (though my pal lives in Maryland. Maryland! hey pal, can i come stay with you next year for the $heep and wool fest?). And also, green cotton sock yarn! I love green, I love sock yarn, and cotton's just fine with me, so naturally, I love this stuff too.


And since I don't have a cat, like every single other Knitter in the blogosphere, to name a few, Gratuitous dog shot :



Next Up, The great Sewage Explosion of Summer '06!

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 11, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you got the package & you like the stuff! you are, of course, welcome for the sheep & wool festival! and I love, love, love the way the Lorna's Laces is knitting up in the baudelaire socks. I *just* printed that pattern out myself this week, so I'm especially curious to see how yours will turn out. ~SP8~

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, ps, I also don't have a cat. Or a dog... but your dog is very cute! ~SP8~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home