Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yarnagogo

So I decided to take pictures for all you nice, and patient folks (and you drive by readers), and also the wonderful alpaca farms who are trading with me and would like to see what I do here at the Dandelion Spinnery. This is my yarn production for the month of September up until now.

Bullet:
Adult male huacaya, Silver Grey (I know it looks blue, but even though alpaca comes in 22 natural colours...blue Still isn't one of them).
TLC Alpaca Ranch

Eve:
Adult female huacaya, Rose Grey.
TLC Alpaca Ranch

Hope:
Adult female huacaya, Light Fawn.
Xtreme Alpacas

Charmane:
Adult Female Suri, Off-White.
New Moon Alpacas, LLC

Sadie & Shadows of Grey:
Sadie - female cria huacaya, White.
Shadows of Grey - I spun this yarn from Bullet and Eve's fleeces to be very subtley variegated, with a new technique I unvented. Aparently I did something right, it was the first to go at the fairs.
TLC Alpaca Ranch

Nailah Peet:
Adult Female Huacaya, Dark Brown.
Saints Alpacas

Midnight & Silk:
Midnight - Male cria huacaya, Black w/grey base.
TLC Alpaca Ranch
Silk - Dyed by a very nice local lady, this was spun as a laceweight 2 ply from silk hankies.
Barb Robinson A.K.A The Silk Lady

Sandy Sadie:
75% Sadie the white huacaya, 25% Chiengora (from a shetland Sheepdog).
TLC Alpaca Ranch & Zetos Dog Spa

Stevie:
Adult Male Huacaya, Light Fawn.
YKnot Fibres

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:29:00 PM, Blogger OLPP said...

I'm a drive-by reader!
Actually, I've been checking out the other blogs from the Secret Pal 9 participant list. I LOVE your yarns! It looks oh so soft, and is very pretty!

 
At Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:55:00 AM, Blogger malin said...

I love the fact that you can put the animal´s name on the yarn! And Stevie makes lovely yarn! I found a place here in Sweden, where you can buy alpaca, but I don´t know if I can keep a small herd happy on my balcony...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home