Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Everyone's Favorite Questionnaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? - I love alpaca, in all its forms. Soft luxury yarns are where it's usually at for me, but I can be prevailed upon to take colour combo over softness, and I'm always excited about a colourful sockyarn! Don't like acrylics, I'm a yarn snob, I'm afraid.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? - They're currently residing in extra-tough ziploc bags with the size written on the front (DPN's anyway) and then all stuffed in a grocery bag, which is in a box on a shelf.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? - I would consider myself an 'advanced intermediate'. I can knit lace, knit backwards, a little bit of two-colour, and follow most well-written patterns.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? -
I do, I do!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) - I'm really liking the spicy scents right now. nutmeg, ginnamon, cloves, ginger. But only if they're derived from natural essential oils, I seem to react to lab-made scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? - Dark organic chocolate and candied ginger will win my heart any day.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? - I do spin, quite avidly and mostly with alpaca. I crochet a little, weave a little, want to learn to dye.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) - Andrea Bocelli (but only the classical stuff), They Might Be Giants, Moxie Fruvous, Counting Crows, Traditional folk music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? - LOVE autumn colours and adore greens, Not really olive or neon, but most greens I like. Blue is okay, purple if it's deeper wine coloured. Not so much into pink. Natural fleece colours are nice (rose grey!).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? - I have 3 younger siblings and another on the way (I know, weird), Parents and step-parents. I also have 3 tarantulas, a dog (you may have seen him before on this blog), a red tail boa, and an old arthritic arab mare.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? - Yup

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? - Lace is good, socks are good, mittens are good, hats too. I have the attention span of a spatula so small projects are easier on my nerves.

13. What are you knitting right now? - Scarves, a sweater, shawls, socks, stuff!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? - certainly, if it's something I'll enjoy!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? - I like circs and straights, but not long straights. Haven't used wooden needles yet, but would like to try them. So far I like metal.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? - ball winder, yes, skeiner and swift Desperately needed!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? - About 4 years if you don't count the scarf I started when I was 9.

18. What is your favorite holiday? - Thanksgiving (canadian) is good. Pumpkin pie, stuffed squash (vegetarian here!).

19. Is there anything that you collect? - Alpaca fleeces, I used to collect bags, but mostly fleeces now.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? - There are many! Barbara Walkers treasuries, and the Flower Basket Shawl and Fuzzy Feet and Creatures of the Reef shawl (which I actually had at one point but sent it to my SP7). And the Lace Smoke Ring pattern from heartstrings and also also the Silk Corset pattern by Annie Modesitt (very much).

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? - practice more with two-colour knitting, maybe some entrelac, and knitting two socks at once with the double knitting method. Maybe magic loop too.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? - Sock are the knitting godess' gift to low-attention span knitters who get bored in public places easily! I'm about a size 7-7.5 US.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) - April 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home