Saturday, October 28, 2006

When you're good to mama

Well, it was pulla saturday here at the Dandelion Spinnery. It's mostly based on Lene's recipe, but I used spelt flour, and usually I would use soymilk. Having no suitable soymilk in the fridge (I didn't think chocolate would go over well), and only some organic cow juice, I used that instead. Interesting, since we hardly ever have cow's milk.

So I made the dough.
Then I rose the dough on top of the antique wood oven, which I made a fire in so that the kitchen would be warm enough for the dough to rise. We have a very cold house, and I usually don't make the fire because fire is really not my element and gives me a hard time when I try.
The I rolled out the dough, put on some butter, sugar and a spice mix. It's only supposed to be cinnamon, but I love my spices so I mixed cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Then you roll up the little strips, tie them in a knot (or something). For some reason this step didn't get photographed. maybe because I had buttery hands. Before the oven :
Ten minutes later :
So, it being 10:30 am, naturally I ate a few right out of the oven with copious amounts of butter on top. Nothing's better! Half of these are being saved for my Fall Fibre Fiesta tomorrow, the others probably won't last the afternoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home