Monday, December 04, 2006

Mail is fun

I got the second package from my pal, she's really cool. She's also like, the queen of gift wrap. I'm serious. I couldn't gift wrap to save my life, but she has it down pat. See that? It's a brick of icelandic chocolate. I know! I've been called a chocoholic before, and it's true. Nothing gets me like organic dark! Not so much into milk chocolate, and don't even get me started on the white stuff, but anyway. There's some beautiful green stitch markers, some bamboo needles (maybe I'll knit the next shawl on them?) and really yummy silk yarn. She said she thought I could use a bit of luxury.

Oh, here's some yarn that's getting sent out tomorrow for a trade with Country Haven farms. All white suri, except for that bottom skein which is plied with dyed mohair I got from my very first secret pal exchange. There was just a tiny bit of it and this was the perfect project.

Do you all want to know why mail is so fun? I bet you do. Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's two pictures :

While I could write two thousand words on this glorious piece of machienry, suffice with these two statements. Strauch Drum carder with fine cloth AND brush. Cards like a hot damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home