Friday, March 23, 2007

Swallowtail Shawl - FO

Here is my version of the Swallowtail Shawl from Ik, It's knit from handspun alpaca (Saints Alpacas). Forgot to write down the yardage of the skeins before I wound them into balls, oh well. Put it in the mail yesterday, as it was payment for all the lovely fleeces Leanne sent me. I'm getting a little tired of putting such labour-intensive things in the mail though. Somehow the difference in price between standard shipping (1 week) and express (2 days) is 53 cents. Don't ask me why, this just seems odd. Here is the shawl, completed and unblocked :


Here it is blocking. I had to fold it in half because there was no free surface large enough to block it spread-eagle.



And finally, I enlisted the rather dubious photographic skills of my mother, in a desperate bid to actually record something before I sent it out.


And, so garbed, I set out for my final waltz class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home