Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spin me a moth

A little while ago I participated in a french-based exchange called Spin me a Treasure. I recieved some lovely mohair/tencel yarn from a Texan Spinner, but never made anything with it in the three month probationary contest period. My pal, however, presented a dilemma. She said she'd never experienced non-scratchy alpaca. Now, I'm not sure what kind of alpacas they have in La Suisse, but I was determined to change her mind. After I thought about it for a few moments, I grabbed my lowest micron Suri fleece, and set to work.

I sent her around 250 yards of laceweight beige yarn, and she wrote back to tell me that it did not itch her at all. Which left me pleased as punch. Now, this fleece was the second shearing off of a particularly lustrous alpaca by the name of Almond Rocca, from Sahalie Suris. Anyway, these are the picture of the finished item she made (because she did participate in the contest). I present, Midian's Wing of the Moth shawlette:





KnitBloggers : forcing their animals to sit still since at least 2001.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 11:57:00 PM, Blogger Midian said...

Comme c'est gentil d'avoir mis les photos de mon petit châle sur ton blog !!! Amitiés Midian

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:17:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never seen an angrier looking cat, don't think I'd try that, the lace is too precious to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home