Friday, June 29, 2007

But it was a bargain

So my grandma calls me up about a week and a half ago, and says "oh, do you know that Betty's mother just died and they had that loom you two were talking about and now they need to sell it?"

So the next day I go out and take a look at the thing, and it's not really small. It's a Leclerc 4 harness Artisat, circa August 1977.


Now, since this transaction was one doukhobor to another, fierce bargaining ensued (not really, it was actually pretty tame). And it came with an accordion, which is at the doctor's right now. Because uhm, I decided that I need to know how to play the accordion. My reasoning behind this is that it's a great instrument to play under the influence of A) alchohol, B) France, C)busty barmaid outfits and D) all of the above.

Back to the loom (excuse the mess, but this now takes up 1/4 of the room I have allotted as my own personal space, starving food-obsessed student-of-life that I am, so there's not much room for everything else.


This was Betty's mother's last project, and so I shall cut it off and return it to them.

I should probably start learning to weave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home