Sunday, October 14, 2007

A pie for all seasons (except late winter, spring and summer).

Last Sunday here in Canada it was Thanksgiving. I know Americans all have it in November because my stepfather is american. in order to transition him to canadian customs, we had two thanksgiving a year for a while. here's a play by play (sort of) of my pie making adventure this year.

First I scooped out the pumpkin innards.


Then I baked the pumpkin (no photo). Then I put the baked mushy pumpkin into the food processor, quarter by quarter, until it was all mush (fairly self explanatory). After that In went the sugar, spices and eggs.


And whipping cream.


There's something special about whipping cream.



The way it makes everything better. Like chocolate. Or chocolate with whipping cream.
Anyway, stir it up, and you got yourself some pie filling. Unfortunately, those pies got eaten before the camera was remembered....

One 7 lb pumpkin will make three pies. And distract you from your knitting for all of one evening. The next you'll also be distracted by all the food.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 15, 2007 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Heidi Kim said...

Hello Melanie.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful yarn you send me. I love the alpaca yarn you have made, and the dog wool are very nice.
I hope you had a good thanks giving with you family :o)

 
At Saturday, November 10, 2007 1:39:00 PM, Blogger kasiaiscarly said...

Oh my gosh. . . your cat has THE coolest markings! Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home